Physical Education Grading Policy
Blair’s grading policy is based on the guidelines set by National Physical Education Standards (NASPE). The guidelines are as follows:
- Competency in motor skills and movement patters.
- Understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics.
- Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Achieves/maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior.
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
Application of Fitness Concepts
- Muscular strength
- Muscular endurance
Application of Movement Concepts
- Perform a variety of skills
- Combining and sequencing fundamental movement patterns
- Applying skills in a variety of recreational and daily life experiences
- Improve movement effectiveness and safety
Application of Personal and Social Responsibilities Concepts
- Demonstrates social skills necessary to work effectively with others
- Displaying positive attitudes and behaviors
- Contributing as a team member
- Working in a safe manner
Application of Cognitive Skills
- Integrating reading and writing
- Using playing strategies by making connections with other activities
- Completing written assignments
- Understanding knowledgeof rules and game strategies